Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Update to my gaming life.

So I've been playing The Old Republic a lot over the past 3 days. Amber and I have been searching for a new MMO to play, we tried Uncharted Waters Online but it conflicted with so many different programs that keeping it running was almost too much to handle. I keep having WoW related dreams so I was getting pretty nostalgic for that but after a few minutes of playing our trials it became clear that we weren't going to get back into WoW. That's when Amber suggested TOR.

Now I was a massive follower of TOR for a long time, probably why I got burned out on it so fast. The creation date on my forum account for TOR is from the very first day you could sign up on the forums, that's how much I followed it. And I was in the beta for a long time before the game released. I don't know if it was burnout or the bugs or how much like WoW the game felt that made me quit, probably a combination of all of those things. But this time I don't feel the same way. It's been long enough that the game feels new again. I'm not into WoW anymore so the logic that "Well this game is so much like WoW I might as well just play that" doesn't work. And the story has been drawing me in. I feel like I did when I used to play KOTOR. Also a great many changes have been made to the game that make it feel more streamlined and less buggy. I don't know exactly what those changes are since I haven't read all the patch notes but it just feels smooth.

Naturally the main thing that drew me back into the game was the announcement of 12 v 12 space pvp. I just recently pledged to Star Citizen and I'm really looking forward to that game so it seems natural to try to get my dogfighting skills up in a game that I'm already drifting towards so it just seemed natural that I should play that again. I don't know how long I'm going to last before I get burned out on TOR again but I have plans for some alts that should keep up the enjoyment. I just made a Mirialan Jedi Sentinel who I'm going to have as a Dark Jedi whose motivation is power. It's going to be fun to actually be able to click on those conversation options that I feel I can't do on my Sage because it goes against his character. Yeah I'm lame that way.

Anywho that's what's been going on in my gaming life. May the Force be with you.

No comments: